Friday, December 05, 2008

Haiku Friday: Oh, oh O.J.!

Anyone who has known me for a while knows that I was totally obsessed very interested in the O.J. Simpson murder trials. I watched Court TV everyday. Read the papers. Watched the news. Read every article I could get my hands on about the trial, lawyers, evidence, jury, etc.

And when the verdict came down, I ranted and raved for DAYS.

That was over 13 years ago, but I've never forgotten - or forgiven - the miscarriage of justice, the utter mockery of our system - that went on in that courtroom. So today, the day O.J. was sentenced to nine to 33 years in jail, I can't help feeling a little giddy and gleeful.

I bring you: Haiku Friday. The O.J. Goes to jail edition:

Haiku Friday

Oh O.J. Simpson
Escaped prison many years
Justice here at last

O.J. cried in court
Says he didn't know it was wrong
Ha! Bullshit I say

Day I've waited for
Jail: Nine to thirty-three years
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

O.J. got off once
This time no dream team in court
Incarcerated

ohshit

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect. I hope he finds love and romance in prison and that they'll treat him as kindly and gently as he treated his wife

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

Wow! You rocked those haiku. Quite the subject matter -- I'm impressed at how well you made it work!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Now that is my kind of haiku!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Love it!

FYI - my Junior Prom date was one of the guys who arrested OJ this time around. Hell yeah!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home