Friday, November 10, 2006

Freedom!

The sickness that's plagued our house this week has forced me to be a virtual shut-in. No work, no gym, not even a trip to the grocery store. My two biggest outside social interactions this week were the two times I dropped Peanut off at preschool and the short conversation I had with the woman volunteering at the voting booth. It was so bad that last night I was actually a little happy to see the mouse in the kitchen just because it was a new entity with whom I could interact.

So in light of all that, I honestly could not get out of the house fast enough this morning. Driving into work, I blasted my iPod with the most un-kid-friendly music I could muster (The Black Eyed Peas anyone?)

And instead of retreating immediately to my desk, I stood in the kitchen chatting with my coworkers over tea and cereal for several minutes. I could actually feel my brain kickstarting—going through it's own version of a sun salutation with energy flowing to every lobe that's been on hiatus this week.

For lunch? I'm heading out with a friend here to gossip, giggle and talk about anything NOT related to small children.

I love my family - clearly - more than anything. But every now and then it's nice to put on nice clothes, step outside and be reminded that there's more to life than potty training, picture books and Sesame Street.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Hi!

glad to hear things are getting better around your house, from a fellow "g" from the nablopomo.

thanks for visiting my blog, I'll be back again to visit some more!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home