Thursday, November 09, 2006

Yo! Cat! How about a little help here?

Our mouse is back. Actually, I'm not 100% sure it ever left. It may have just retreated to the attic. A few weeks back I got up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and as I lay in bed I could hear the faintest scrittch scrittch followed by an even fainter thunk thunk coming from the ceiling above me. It kept me up for at least an hour and the whole time I'm lying there thinking, "you've got to be fucking kidding me? I'm being kept awake by a MOUSE?" I finally fell asleep and have given very little thought to our resident rodent since.

Until tonight when Mark yelled from the kitchen, "I think we still have a mouse."

Me from the living room, "why do you say?"

"Because it's swimming in the dog's water bowl."

Eh?!?

Sure enough, there it was - middle of the water bowl - submerged to it's little neck, desperately trying to gain some traction to propel itself to freedom. And then it did. About .00067 seconds before Mark could slap a newspaper on top of the bowl. And all the while our cat was sleeping soundly in the bedroom, completely oblivious.

So our handy dandy humane mousetrap is loaded up with peanut butter, ready to go. Because Lord knows, we can't count on the cat to catch it.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no! I don't know which animal in our house would get it first - the sighthounds or the cats. To be honest I thin that unless the mouse was eating their food I'm not sure they'd care.

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee hee! I must confess, I'm glad mousie escaped. The humane traps worked when we tried them many years ago.

But my cat could definitely catch one: in fact I had to rescue a poor little mouse - head hanging out one end, tail the other.

Oh, thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog the other day :)

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home