Saturday, November 11, 2006

Date night! Date night!

Tonight is date night and New York City here we come! I cannot remember the last time I was in New York for an adult outing. I think it was in early 2005. Seriously.

Sure, we've taken the kids there for day trips and I've been there for work. I've met friends there for lunch. But a night out in New York? It's been a very, very long time.

Not to mention the last time we went out for dinner in "The City," I was about 7 months pregnant and suffering from virtually every related ailment: indigestion, sciatica, exhaustion. I hobbled around on my one good leg (the other one numb from Miss Loaf hanging out on all the relevant nerve endings since the end of the first trimester) trying to be a good sport. Glass of wine? Fuggetaboutit. I was so tired, I think we were home by 11 p.m. Fun date I was not.

I have high hopes for tonight's evening, even though Mark is sick, I have a cold sore the size of a second head on my upper lip and it's supposed to pour buckets sometime this evening. These are not things I am concerning myself with. We're going to NYC. We'll be with good friends, eating good food and drinking wine. Lots and lots of wine. :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home